Now that 2013 is tossing out its final ticks and tocks, I’m sure many bibliophiles out there are fondly looking back and picking out the books that made their year extra-special.
May I admit to a guilty conscience?
Well, tempus has fugited for my blabbering. Here's a baker’s dozen of my lit favorites, in no particular order:
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Tell the Wolves I’m Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Dune by Frank Herbert*
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Saenz*
- Room by Emma Donoghue*
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
- Steampunk! by various authors
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- How They Met & Other Stories by David Levithan