Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A new chapter begins.

May 10, 2013 marked my last day as the Associate Editor of Gala magazine. If you just dropped by my blog, you can read my stew of apprehensions, epiphanies, and a handful of different emotions about this event as the drama-rama post called “The Future Freaks Me Out.” To tell you the truth, I can’t tell if I’m unnerved or excited about the new chapter in my life. But I can feel in my bones that I’m ready for it and all I needed to do is breathe and step into it. :)

My next job will be completely different from the world I temporarily left behind. I’ll still be writing, but my articles will no longer be about concerts, gigs, plays, or interviews with prominent people in the local tinsel town. My pen will instead be focusing on the business world. It’s an industry I’m not really familiar with, but I’ll try to learn the ropes as quick as I can. (One odd thought that flitted in my mind when I accepted the job: “Background, finally! I can now write legit business-savvy characters in my stories!” Yes, my friends. This is how I roll.)

There are several factors that cemented my decision, but this quote by Markus Zusak probably encapsulates all of it: “I’d rather chase the sun than wait for it.” :)

Cheers to the future and wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment