Tuesday, January 1, 2013

12 Books that Rocked my '12

books that rocked my year

And in a flash, we reached the epilogue of the 366-page tome of 2012. That year sure had some of its pages dog-eared (and rightfully so)! But before I get past 2013’s flyleaf, let me give you a list of the stories that commenced a mayhem both in my cranium and in my ribcage. Here are the stories that moved me in inexplicable ways, drove me to retreat into my cocoon of blankets to cry, teased out tickled laughter from my throat, or just plainly pinched my heart. Here are my top 12 books of 2012 (in random order):
  1. The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis
  2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
  4. Every Day by David Levithan
  5. Black Heart by Holly Black
  6. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  7. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
  8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
  9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  10. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente (review to follow)
  11. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
  12. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Runners-up: Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler, and Missed Connections: Love, Lost and Found by Sophie Blackall

See my top 11 books of 2011

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooh! I'm a huge The Night Circus and Divergent fan! Like a HUGE fan of both! I can see why you'd like The Night Circus, it's sort of fairytale-esque (is that a word?) and your blog's name is like to do with fairytales... I haven't read The Fault in Our Stars yet... I didn't think it could be as good as everybody said... But I just finished Paper Towns (my first ever John Green book) and now I NEEEEEDDD to read TFioS! Anyway, I'm just going to go back to simply admiring your blog and try not to creep you out anymore... Byyyyyyzaaaaa!
    ~ Ruby @ http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Ruby! Gads, I love The Night Circus so much. Erin Morgenstern's got a keen knack for wonderful imagery! And I got to agree it's fairytale-esque (I don't think it's a word but we can make it one). TFioS is good, but it didn't surpass Paper Towns as my favorite Green book. It's still worth a read, though, so do give it a shot!

      And thanks so much! I don't get creeped out by loving bookworms like you, I swear. We're all kindred spirits (I fangirl books a lot). :) Have a great day!

      Delete