Thursday, July 19, 2012

Akihabara’s Gundam Cafe

Let’s take a brief break from all the bookwormism for a while! I stumbled across a photo of a Gunpla-yaki, or a Gundam-shaped cake/taiyaki at Facebook yesterday morning and was reminded of the awesome Gundam cafe in Akihabara, Japan. I almost laughed to myself when I realized that perhaps half the female young adult population in the world is yearning to go someplace fancier while my inner geek just wants to set foot in this…glorious thing.

Well, that doesn’t mean I never wanted to go to Paris or Italy or New York, of course. They’re on the list, but my threatening nerdgasm couldn’t wait. :p Here are a handful of pictures from Akihabara News:

GundamCafe

Cafe Sign

NERDGASM

bar

Haro


Gundam Cafe Taiyaki

Gunpla Display

G

Check out more photos here! Or if you can actually read Nihonggo, you can go straight to the cafe’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment