Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Well, what a pleasant surprise! A whirlwind of offline commitments has reduced my internet activities to almost a notch above zilch, but I’m glad to know some folks still drop by my online havens and even bother to give awards! Thank you so much, Samaine from the Bookworms Avenue. :)

Liebsteraward

“The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” Um. *snerks*

I don’t usually do this kind of thing, but I will now as a token of thanks. Here goes…

**********
Rules:
1. You must post 11 random facts about you.
2. Answer the eleven questions the tagger has given you, and then give eleven questions for the people you tagged.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Tell them you've tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

**********
My 11 Random Facts:
1. Right now, I’m a staff writer for Gala magazine.
2. Sometimes I still think there should be more than 24 hours a day. It’s not enough!
3. It amuses me how people think Cinderella is my favorite fairytale princess just because my blogs bear her name. Just for the record, she’s not. It may surprise some people to find out how far down her name will appear on the list of my top female fictional characters.
4. I have a lone teddy bear perched atop the highest skyscraper of books in my Barrow Jane. His name is Lennon. He seems lonely, but a furry companion for him may not be allowed. One asthma trigger is enough. :p
5. I’m freaking in love with milk tea, hot and cold. Every day I wish I could marry the creamy content of the darling little cup. Best way to start office work, if you ask me.
6. I’m still engrossed with Isis cw’s Gundam Wing fanfiction Revelations. Her treatment of the characters is extraordinary, making me fall in love with them over and over again. That said, no matter how 3x4 may seem so waffy and cute, I still ship 4xD.
7. I’m bisexual, but mostly I’m just book-sexual.
8. I hate it when people underestimate the intellectual content of graphic novels and anime series. I bet they’ll be surprised to learn how much these mediums teem with wisdom compared to other shallower works that may have come their way.
9. I can’t take spicy food, sorry.
10. Sometimes, when I can’t say what I want to say through words, I say them through drawings.
11. I don’t think I can live without chocolates.
**********

Questions from the Bookworms Avenue:
1. So far, what's your best read this year?
I think Going Bovine by Libba Bray is amazing, closely followed by The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This will change later, I think, since I have yet to read more  books.

2. If you were given a chance to meet a character from a book, who will it be? Why?
Just one? Unfair! I think I’d love to meet Death. Which doesn’t mean I want to die, of course. A little chat with Neil Gaiman’s perky gothette Death or Markus Zusak’s enigmatic Book Thief narrator will be nice. If I won’t be allowed to meet anthropomorphic personifications of concepts, well, I’ll just pick Cassel Sharpe from Holly Black’s Curse Workers trilogy. He seems to be a nice little bloke, and he’s “clever as the Devil and twice as pretty.”
Or maybe Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games.

3. Besides reading, what other habits do you do?
I write a lot, for my work and for myself. I draw, listen to a lot of music, drink a lot of tea, daydream, watch TV series, take night walks, and daydream again. Sometimes I try to learn playing the violin, which is hard because the neighbors can't take the auditory disaster. So I just turn to the online keyboard...

4. What are your top 5 books?
In no particular order: The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak, The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano, The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. (NOTE: this list changes a lot, depending on my mood).

5. A book you recommend to readers out there.
I’ll point you to my answers to number four. Choose one. :)

6. What genres do you prefer reading?
I try every genre I come across, but I always go back to that kind of fiction where reality and fantasy blurs. Surrealist books are amazing.

7. A book that made you cry.
The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano. Many people will consider that weird. No one died in it.

8. Authors you're dying to meet.
Neil Gaiman, Haruki Murakami, George R. R. Martin, Holly Black, John Green, Paolo Giordano, Chuck Palahniuk, Suzanne Collins, and Scott Westerfeld.

9. How did you come up with your blog name or title?
”The knee-jerk reaction of almost everyone who stumbles upon my blog is to wonder: Why ‘Cinderella in Combat Boots’? And why is it a fairy tale that violates all rules of fairy tales? The answer is simple: I wanted to show that even someone who is auto-crowned as the Queen of Damsels in Distress can be her own savior too, that she can wear anything that is tougher than glass slippers as she braves her way through life. I’m only a nondescript girl, but I believe I can show everyone that I can stand up for myself if I need to. In a way, I’m my own Cinderella donned in footwear fit for the harsh roads of life.”

10. Tell us something about you that you kept as a secret to others.
How about I just tell you something that I don’t tell a lot of people? Haha. Not necessarily a secret, though: I have a huge crush on Chris Evans/Steve Rogers (Captain America: The First Avenger).

11. What book made a great impact in your life? Why?
I have lots! But Victor Hugo’s Les Miserables opened a lot of literary doors for me, making me the way I am today. :)
**********

(I promise to tell them later, haha!)
**********

Questions for the blogs I tagged:
1. If you were to be catapulted into the past and you can only bring one book from the future to give your predecessors, what will it be?
2. Can you share with us one thing from your bucket list?
3. If you were to switch lives with a fictional character for one day, who would it be?
4. What is the book you last read? Would you recommend it to others?
5. Who are your favorite authors?
6. The house is burning! You can only bring five books on your way out—what are these?
7. Have you encountered a fictional villain you can’t help but love? If yes, who and why?
8. What do you look for in a novel?
9. What is the weirdest thing you ever used as a bookmark?
10. If you were to be roommates with a fictional character, who would it be?
11. If you were a writer right now, what sort of book do you think you would be writing?



Again, thanks so much, Samaine! You’re awesome.
Cheers and Ciao!

Airiz

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, thanks for the tag! I hope I can take time and fill this out. Will probably be in Swedish though -.-
    But I loved reading your answers. Especially meeting Death... Would be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, you found out even before I go to your blog! You're welcome...I rarely really do this kind of thing, haha! Take your time. Sucks that I don't know how to read Swedish, but there's always the automatic translator. ;) Haha.

      Thank you! I'd really love to meet her. :)

      Delete