Monday, March 26, 2012

Fandom on Fire V.01 (Hunger Games Goodies)

I'm dying to post my thoughts on Gary Ross' big screen translation of The Hunger Games right now, but the odds of me not getting fired when I do that are not in my favor. Haha! Can't leak! I wrote a full-page review for it in our magazine GALA, which will be out in bookstores, coffee shops, convenience stores, etc. on April 1. (Please do grab a copy! It's an events magazine and we cover everything from festivals and fun runs to album launches and movie openings.)

Anyway, I think I can find a way around this little dilemma. I can post things that I didn’t include in the review, like book vs. film nitpicks, favorite moments, and things I’m looking forward to in Catching Fire. You know, the usual things regular Tumblristas know. *wiggles eyebrows*

In a non-review related HG news in Airizverse…I got new goodies!

HG companion
The Hunger Games Companion

Here’s a book to stand cheek by jowl my other favorite The Hunger Games meta-essay compilation of some sort, Lea Wilson’s The Girl Who Was on Fire. While I  fangirl THG like it’s my day job, I still love in-depth discussions that go beyond the usual “shipping” stuff. I love metas. I’m about 90% sure I’m going to like this.

HG Tribute Guide
The Tribute Guide

There’s nothing particularly new in this book, but it’s a must-have for all THG fans. It includes colored photos and quotes from the movie and a few detailed information about all the districts. I would have appreciated this more if I bought this before I saw the film, I think. But as I said, it’s a treat for any THG fan who wanted to have anything and everything about the film and the book.

HG Soundtrack
The Hunger Games soundtrack
And of course, the soundtrack! It’s The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond, featuring tracks by Taylor Swift, The Decemberists, The Secret Sisters, Arcade Fire, The Carolina Chocolate Drops, and many more. The songs were written and produced exclusively for the album.

Any miser’s going to shake his head and say “You could have just downloaded the songs.”  Yes, I could have, but like the usual books/ebooks stuff, I think there’s nothing like a physical copy of it. It’s not solely mine, though; my friend paid half the price, even if she only wanted to rip the songs from it. :p

More Hunger Games post in the future! Happy blogging and may the odds be ever in your favor! ;)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm so envious, you have these all! Tell us about the books, okay? And you can make a good review about the OST too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll provide reviews for the books, I promise! :) And yeah, perhaps one for the OST too. :)

      Delete