Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fanart Fun Feature 01

Welcome to fanart fun feature! Every week, I’d be featuring drawings, paintings, photographs, graphics, and any kind of fan craft (by other people) that tickle my fancy.

Today’s fanart is called Heroines.

It’s no secret that I’m a lover of fictional girls who can kick ass in their own little ways and be able to stand without any help from any Prince Charming figure . That’s why I got a tad thrilled when I stumbled upon this art on Briarthorn’s site a few years ago while searching for the Old Kingdom trilogy fanart--I recognize a few faces! Uh, maybe except for Bella Swan, I think a majority of them are pretty smart, strong, and straight-out badass, and  I will use this image as a reference; I haven’t read/watched all the films and books where some of the characters above were featured. I'll check them out in the future. :)


heroines_again_by_briarthorn-d2wau1j

First row: Lyra Belacqua (His Dark Materials), Lirael (Old Kingdom Trilogy), Lissar (Deerskin) Mosca Mye (Fly By Night), Rae Seddon (Sunshine), Renn (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness), Cassandra Mortmain (I Capture the Castle)

Second row: Kestrel Hath (Wind on Fire Trilogy), Yvaine, the star (Stardust), Amelie Poulin (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain), Eowyn (Lord of the Rings) Bella (Twilight), Hermione (Harry Potter), Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Third row: Amalthea (The Last Unicorn), Ariadne (Inception), Cassie (Animorphs), Kitty Jones (Bartimaeus Trilogy), Ivy Walker (The Village), Gemma Doyle (Gemma Doyle Trilogy), Elizabeth Bennet (Pride & Prejudice).




PS: I'll be answering your comments on my previous post when I get home tonight! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I think I reblogged this from your tumblr before. I loved most of these! His Dark Materials is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read His Dark Materials yet, but now that you mentioned it's amazing, I'll definitely try it.

      Delete
  2. Ah, this fanart again. Love it! I thought there's another one, the first set. It's diffeent but just as cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another one? I didn't know. I'll check it our. :)

      Delete