Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Un-Bookwormism and Dorkology Update

And here’s another update about books and the current blahs of a hobbit-sized human being’s quite nondescript life.

box

I guess a cleanup day is very much like a serendipity day or an accidental treasure hunt day (if such things exists). All the dust bunnies that sent me sneezing proved to be just a small prize for finding a few of my long lost CDs! I love every album. My attitude in owning books is like my attitude in owning music. I’m completely okay with having the electronic versions/downloads, but holding the actual thing in your hand and witnessing it produce their magic seem more…intimate. I don’t know, if you’ll ask me for real, I’ll just say the feeling’s ineffable. A book’s smooth cover or a CD’s smooth side smudged for the first time with your fingerprints is only one of the little wonderful things their virtual counterparts can’t give you. ;) /ramblings

highschool

Oh, and I didn’t just chance upon my CDs—I found my high school yearbook as well! Imagine what I felt when I reread our Class Prophecy, which was penned by a fifteen-year-old joke of a writer called Me.  Haha! If I could go back in time, I’d smack the younger me for being so giddy when writing a piece that anyone in our batch can read and reread whenever they want. Perhaps I’ll humiliate myself some time and post a portion here. But right now, I’ll just give you a photo of one of my writing wins! Yay. Hey, I’m grabbing the opportunity here to be narcissistic. Next time, I’ll laugh with the world when seeing my hilarious pen-warrior mishaps. :p

unlockyourcreativity

FYI, I didn’t take the photo above. It’s from Austin Kleon himself, and I got it via his twitter. I wish I can have this book and Newspaper Blackout Poetry one. Unfortunately, none of the biggest bookstores in the country carry a single copy of either awesomeness. *sniffs*

Anyway, book (un)events in Airiz’s life:
  • I’m still stuck with The God of Small Things.
  • I saw a copy of John Green’s The Fault in Our Stars in NBS Tutuban! Why are the online contacts saying the book’s out of stock? I’ll purchase it the next time I go there. There’s heaps of them on the display table.
  • I’m still excited to read Why We Broke Up, but *see first bullet*

Gundam Wing

I just finished downloading the remastered edition of GW, and I’m excited to have a marathon soon! Wooot! But right now, I’m reading some sidestory mangas. ;)

__

I promise to post things that make more sense than this. Have a good day! :)

5 comments:

  1. I finished Why We Broke Up yesterday and it was fine. Not the best read ever but definitely worth my time. Some parts were sympathizable (not sure if that's a word..)

    I like that list of Unlock Your Crreativity. Is it from a book with that name? I need to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for finishing it! This is going to be my first time reading Lemony Snicket, and I really hope it doesn’t disappoint. Anyway, that “Unlock Your Creativity” list came from Austin Kleon’s book called “Steal Like an Artist.” It’s not available here in the Philippines! :(

      Delete
  2. 1. THE FRAY! I love that band.
    2. Ykw? I'm actually looking forward to that Class Prophecy piece! Do post it! :)
    3. What is it with The God of Small Things? :(
    4. I love that gag comics!


    btw, why aren't you updating your tumblr anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.Me too!
      2.I will, in he future. I’m really ashamed to have written it. LOL
      3.Actually, I just finished it last night. It’s just…IDK, slow. I’ll say more in my review.
      You’ll see more of it in my fandom tumblelog. Btw, I updated my book tumblr last night! :D

      Delete
  3. Austin Kleon also has another book but it's a compilation of his blackout poems. Is that one NOT also available here in PH?

    ReplyDelete