Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Bookworm Valentine

Valentine’s Day is approaching! As a gift for you guys, here are some geeky hand-drawn cards, inspired by the awesome doodles of elledoubleyou and butthorn. Feel free to print these out and give them to your loved ones if you want! ;) It will surely make a happy, Cupid-esque single this February 14. Haha!

Hunger Games     Game of Thrones
The first one features Katniss Everdeen & Peeta Mellark from Suzanne Collin’s The Hunger Games (whoops! Looks like Cupid managed to slip one of his arrows in your quiver, Kat!). The second features Daenerys Targaryen & Khal Drogo from George R. R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones. I originally planned to draw Cersei and Jaime, but I guess the Khaleesi’s love life is less…poisonous. If you know what I mean.

Love Will Tear Us Apart     Sabriel
Of course we’ll have a gay couple! The card on the left features Jack & Grayson from Alaya Dawn Johnson’s Love Will Tear Us Apart (anthologized in Zombies vs. Unicorns and Wilde Stories 2011). Grayson’s drooling because Jack still smells like a happy meal to him. :p The card on the right features Touchstone & Sabriel from my ever-favorite fantasy YA series, Garth Nix’s Old Kingdom Trilogy.

Uglies
You might have noticed already that I only doodled my literary ships (yeah, I roll like that). I root for Zane and Tally from Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies series, but here I drew our heroine with David. Their pairing strongly represents one of the series’ main themes, in my opinion.

I have a lesbian valentine card too, but a friend took it away before I had the chance to scan it. It features two girls from Malinda Lo’s Ash, a lesbian retelling of Cinderella. I drew Kaisa and Aisling with their backs to the viewers, looking up at a small clock that reads 12:01. The caption says, “I’ll love you even after midnight.”
Maybe I’ll just post it later, when I feel not-so-lazy to doodle again. LOL

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :)

10 comments:

  1. Aw! These cards are very lovely and cards I would actually appreciate receiving. Of course I love The Hunger Games one.. And I think the Ash-based one sounds very sweet. At least it is in my head. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Johanna! :) Oh, my friend loved the Ash card so much (and she isn't even lesbian). I wish I can post it. Thanks again! :)

      Delete
  2. AHH! I love these! My favorites are the Hunger Games one... and SABRIEL!

    So happy to have helped inspire you! :)

    ♥ LW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! Your doodles are amazing. :)

      Delete
  3. These are cute and amazing! :) The Hunger Games one is so much win haha. Sneaky cupid! For slipping that arrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm originally planning to draw Kat as a Cupid, but I guess it's more "faithful" to the book if I just make her...you know, sorta oblivious at first when it comes to love. And realizes the *trouble* she made when it's already too late.

      Delete
    2. I printed the HG one and gave it to my sister. She likes it!

      Delete