Sunday, January 8, 2012

How the Creative Mind Works (The Oatmeal Style)

I’m posting for the truth this cartoon says:

The Creative Mind

Every. Effing. Time. I usually hit the sack a few couple of minutes before 4am (yep, messed up body clock because of assignments and all that jazz). I’m always terribly exhausted by that time—too tired to think or dream, I swear. Then just before I close my eyes, when I feel all calm and ready to plunge into dreamland, all the plot bunnies decide to start hopping and leaping inside my sleep-deprived head, sprouting all kinds of awesome scenarios that are perfectly fic or art fodder. “I’ll type that down first thing in the morning,” I promise myself. And that’s the promise I break first thing in the morning. Why? Peg’s amnesia girl. XD

I’m sure I’m not the only one. This is perhaps one of the most annoying things ever.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That's late! I go to bed no later than 11pm. But it's true that the best ides come by then... Some ideas come in the middle of the night as well, but those are usually not very clever. Haha.
    I used to write entire essays in my head in the evening before sleep. But I never remembered them when I sat down to write them! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I've been planning to keep a notebook and pencil on my bedside, but I keep forgetting that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JOHANNA- I know right! My father calls me a vampire because I stay up till 4 and wake up at 11am. Haha.
    Sorry for digressing--I know I'm not the only one! I mind-write stories in my head before sleeping, and poof! They're gone the next morning. Just like that. xD I wish I could at least remember my dreams so I can get ideas from them. :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MAR- Oh, I tried that before! I jotted down the "ideas" when they pop out, but the next morning, I can't make out what they meant. It's really annoying. XD

    ReplyDelete