Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bookstore Serendipity

 
Bookstore Serendipity
Ever have this feeling that you are not the one who found your book, but it’s the book that found you? Weird, but I sometimes feel that way, especially if I have no specific title in mind when I enter a bookstore. I’ll just walk around, examine the shelves, stop, and then there’s a certain book that will turn under my nose. I’ll pick it up, read the blurb at back, and if it strikes a chord with me, it’ll go straight to the cashier. Most of the time, books I don’t intend to buy turn out to be the best.

I don’t know if there’s such a thing as serendipity when it comes to finding books, but the treasures I found that way always give me something that my mind and my heart are starving for the moment before I find them. :D

3 comments: