Saturday, December 31, 2011

11 Books that Rocked my ‘11

BOOKS THAT ROCKED MY YEAR
And as promised...now that we are only a few hours shy of 2012, I’d like to pick eleven literary works that rocked my year of incurable bookwormism—books that earned a special place in my heart for making me laugh, cry, or laugh and cry; for inspiring me and challenging me; for introducing me to new universes, both in their pages and in the real world; and most of all, for being good friends when everyone else acts like strangers. :’) And with that I became the recipient of Most Dramatic Bookworm Award lol.

Without further ado, here are my 11 bests of 2011 in no particular order:
  1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  2. The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano
  3. The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan
  4. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  5. Paper Towns by John Green (technically a reread, but it’s more awesome the second time around)
  6. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  7. The Girl Who Was on Fire: Your Favorite Authors on Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games Trilogy by Leah Wilson
  8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
  9. Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
  10. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  11. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Runners up!
   11.1 The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
   11.2 Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
   11.3 Blood Red Road by Moira Young

And there you have it! It’s been a good year for books, and I’m looking forward to meeting new book-friends and bookworm-friends in the future. :) Happy new year, everyone! DFTBA!
___

I’ll post my RL year-end post later. Right now, I just need some sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment