Friday, October 28, 2011

The Hunger Games: Official Character Posters

Internet is one of the many reasons why my body clock is a mess right now, but staying up in the wee hours of the morning in the blue vastness of Tumblr (lol) has its perks. Today it’s this: chancing upon a photoset of the official character teaser-posters of The Hunger Games movie adaptation. You don’t know how excited I got! :)

Without further ado, here they are:

01
Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen
2
Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark

3
Liam Hemsowth as Gale Hawthorne

5
Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy

6
Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket

8
Lenny Kravitz as Cinna

9
Amanda Stenberg as Rue

10
Alexander Ludwig as Cato

I’m really close to freaking out right now. These are just so beautiful! Effie’s character design as seen in the poster just breathed to life the images I had in my mind about the Capitol denizens. I’m looking forward to see the Capitol in its wickedly odd and colorful glory. AND LOOK, did you see Cinna’s golden eye shadow/eye liner?!  Excuse me while I smash the keyboard with so much love and excitement.

I love how they made Katniss face the opposite direction—it subtly gave her character poster a hint of rebellion to it. As for Haymitch’s part, I imagined him as more of a bedraggled type, but then again maybe that image is when he dressed up for the Capitol when the D12 tributes went for the interviews. Haha. And Rue, gosh. That sad little way she looks down? Anyone who's familiar with the book will kind of agree that the image is heartbreaking already. :( It doesn’t even help that her name is rue (as in the synonym of sorrow).

Also, Cato still looking dangerously gorgeous. I remember how many Tumblr fangirls jumped ship when they found out who’s playing his part. LOL. I wish Ludwig's acting will fit with the savage tribute Collins described in the book. I mean, he’s not supposed to be a heartthrob or something. *shrugs*

I wish they included a poster for Foxface or Prim, but who’s complaining? These are actually more than enough. Hee! I can’t wait!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! Cinna's eyeshadow! haha yun talaga yun napansin ko.... shocks! I can't wait for more posters!!! when I saw Rue, super sad. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so exciting! I LOVE how Effie looks, and Cinna with his eyeliner. I'm so excited to see the Capitol residents now!
    I agree with basically everything you says; Haymitch looks very "clean" and Rue's pose is so sad.
    It's not much left now! (Only several months...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mamu- Miski ako! Haha ang galing lang. In fairness the golden eyeshadow looks great on him kasi it contrasts on his skin. xD Yup, I got a little sad too when I saw Rue's pose. Thumbs up to whoever thought of this creative shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Johanna- IKR! That's what got me excited too--I think they're going to nail the character designs of the Capitol residents to perfection. YES, five months mostly! These posters just got me too excited. <3

    ReplyDelete