Sunday, August 7, 2011

A few leaves from Tuck

I'm always on a cross-posting spree, so if you've wandered from my Tumblr and made your way here, please pardon the redundancy. The following are scanned pages of my Yeah! journal I've posted about before, the one I call Tuck (part of my freakishness, naming inanimate objects like they're babes). These are fragments of books I've read, but they somehow struck a chord with lots of my RL current events so they made it to the pages of my private journal...things I wouldn't disclose here, anyway. Without further ado, here are the pages:
 
2. Paper Towns quote
“When did we see each other face-to-face? Not until you saw into my cracks and I saw into yours. Before that, we were just looking at ideas of each other, like looking at your window shade but never seeing inside. But once the vessel cracks, the light can get in. The light can get out.”
-Paper Towns (John Green)

Margo
You get all of the quote there, no point in repeating it. But I'll take advantage of the space here to say Margo Roth Spiegelman is one of the spunkiest and most selfish heroines in YA literature. You got to pick up Paper Towns by John Green to find it out firsthand.

13
“If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don’t want to cry anymore, you don’t listen to that song anymore. But you can’t get away from yourself. You can’t decide not to see yourself anymore. You can’t decide to turn off the noise in your head.”
-Thirteen Reasons Why (Jay Asher)

Goya Monster on the Walls (picture quote)
“I write because the words pack themselves so tightly inside my head—with all their energy, dread, joy, hope, and abject misery—that if I cannot get them out, they will consume me."
-Why Write? (Camille Moffat)

I Ship Toast
Not a quote or anything touching, but a glimpse of fangirlism about The Hunger Games. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are my OTP forever in this fandom. So the Girl on Fire + Boy with the Bread= Toast. Get it? Get it? Or if you don't want, you can ship them as PeeKat, KatPee...or PeeNiss. Your choice.

Lucifer Morningstar
"They die, and they come here – having transgressed against what they believed to be right – and expect us to fulfill their desire for pain and retribution. I don’t make them come here… I need no souls. And how can anyone own a soul? No, they belong to themselves. They just hate to have to face up to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment