Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Haul

Photobucket


You think I can get through a week without books? No way. My week’s been hectic, but I still managed to insert a little reading time whenever I get the chance. Still haven’t finished the books I have in January, but I shopped a little and bought a few more books to add in my queue list (‘cause I roll like that).


  • Red Dust by Ma Jian. I didn’t buy this. We were at our school paper’s publishing house (Think n’ Print) for an overnight layout session, and Mr. Eros Atalia (Carlos Palanca Awardee and author of Peks Man, Mamatay Ka Man, Nagsisinungaling Ako) let me borrow this book. He’s a huge Murakami fan like me, and after a few chitchats about some books, he recommended me Red Dust. He said I’ll like it.
  • The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Same old book I bought last month. My first Kostova book is The Swan Thieves, which is okay. Lots of people are saying The Historian is way better than TST, so I’m going to try it. It has something to do with the historical figure Vlad the Impaler and his fictional counterpart, Dracula. :D
  • Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan. It wouldn’t hurt to throw in some LGBTQ literature into the mix, right? Already finished half of this book and so far it’s a fun and poignant read. Also, I secured a copy of this because I want to know the style of Levithan first before I read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, his collab work with the awesome John Green.
  • The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. Heavy and ultra-deep. I loving the character of Sabina. :)
  • The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. Who would’ve thought? According to Frank Beddor, Lewis Carroll got it all wrong. :D I think I’ll like this.
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan. I’m. Trying. Hard. Not. To. Spoil. Myself. O___O

No comments:

Post a Comment