Sunday, December 19, 2010

No time for dilly-dallying

Unlike my Christmas vacations for the past few years, this year's wouldn't be much of a time for rest and dilly-dallying. We've got the Imaginaccion literary folio to work on, a few projects and assignments to finish (i.e. the miniature stage and love story scripts for our drama elective, reports in our minors JPL and Rizal, etc), and a bunch of books to read. Just thinking about the works to be done makes me feel the vacation is way too short. Classes will resume on January 3, which is made of fail if you think about it--so early! :( But we have no choice. Double time! }:(

I'm still not done with my Imaginaccion contributions, yet I dedicated this day to a lot of rest and sleep. I desperately needed to have a few hours in dreamland to restore the energy I've lost during the final Hell week for prelims. I'm feel a bit recharged now. Work work work!

Photobucket

The photo above describes my life for a string of sleepless nights after the literary contest. The illustrations are  supposed to be for the inside cover of the Imaginaccion, but I have to repeat them because our graphics and layout artist had a new idea. :/ Anyway, having books near me like Leviathan and Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld is totally inspiring me, though sometimes they act like some sort of a double-edged sword. Sometimes I pick them up while I'm working, studying the illustrations....then after a few minutes I'll find myself continuing the novel. The work? Forever unfinished. Hahaha!

Oh well. I have to finish them by Monday because our G&L artist is going to lay out everything by then. I hope everything goes well. We're considering transferring from our current publishing house to Sir Eros Atalia's, which seems to be made of awesome. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment